Top Email Marketing Solutions For Political Newsletters
When you’re seeking the perfect software to run political campaigns, the first thing to do is compare the pre-designed custom newsletter templates from different ESPs. They’ll help inspire creative campaigns for event promotion, rallying followers, collecting signatures, and asking for donations.
Whether you want to boost the ROI of your brand or convert new supporters into donors, SendX makes it easy to spread your message in a matter of minutes.
Marketers will find it easy to auto-tag customers based on user data and send drip nurture messages that convert prospects. It’s also easy to create powerful automation workflows based on custom rules. Better still, A/B testing can help uncover the best performing variations.
The best characteristics of SendX is the way it boosts deliverability and open rates with 1-Click Resend, Opti-Send technology, and Geo and Smart Send features. You can segment contacts by interest groups to target messages and improve engagement. An added advantage is access to the complete set of features regardless of the plan you choose.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $7.49 each month
- Up to $2,500 contacts: $14.99 per month
- Up to 5,000 recipients: $29.99 every month
- Up to 10,000 prospects: $39.99 each month
- Up to 15,000 addresses: $44.99 per month
- 20+ free email newsletter templates
- 25+ pre-designed automation triggers
- Split testing
- Unlimited email sends
- WYSIWYG Email Editor
- Bulk email sending
- Advanced segment automation
One of the sought-after platforms for custom templates, Moosend offers the complete package needed for political email marketing. It comes armed with ‘page versioning’ that lets you go back and forth on your edits based on analytics or changing preferences.
Automation on Moosend includes features like workflow editor, filters, and triggers, to name a few. The ‘Campaign Schedule’ is an added benefit to help you save time, especially when sending bulk political emails.
Segmentation is also advanced here to the extent that you can sort contacts by numerous condition-combinations based on specific user attributes. This includes segmentation on essential details like age and gender and complex conditions like past donations or interests to ensure an ultra-personalized experience for readers. Its customizable, built-in forms are perfect for building your email lists quickly and easily.
- Free: Up to 1,000 subscribers
- Pro: $8.00 (1,000 subscribers) to $608.00 (200,000 subscribers) per month
- Enterprise: Custom quotes
- 70+ templates
- Custom fonts
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Email countdown timer
- Lead scoring
- A/B testing
- Marketing automation
Recommended for making political newsletters thanks to its diverse range of features, marketers can do a lot with very little on this software program. It’s ideal for advanced segmentation, which relies on dimensions like prior engagement, donation records, disclosed interests, socio-economic demographics, and geographical attributes.
Ideal for high-performance campaigns where targeted messages result in quality engagements, Sendinblue offers excellent personalization tools. It’s perfect for sending bulk political emails due to the ‘dynamic personalization’ feature that employs user attributes to create conditions for revealing different messages to recipients.
The best thing about Sendinblue is that it helps political campaigns reflect authenticity and authority without demanding technical email marketing skills, thanks mainly to the included intuitive email builder. Based on expertise, you can use basic and advanced tools to automate messages and optimize them.
- Free for up to 300 emails per day
- Lite: $25.00 per month for up to 100,000 emails
- Premium: $65.00 every month for up to 1,000,000 emails
- Enterprise plan: Custom quote
- 70+ professional templates
- Unlimited storage space for contact information
- Drag-and-drop interface
- Split testing
- Dynamic content
- Basic and advanced automation tools
How To Create a Successful Political Newsletter
Building a responsive email for voters from scratch isn’t a nerve-wracking process anymore. Most modern service providers are designed with ease in mind to deliver a comfortable user experience.
- Head over to the tab ‘Campaigns’
- Click on ‘New Newsletter’
- Under the step titled ‘Sender,’ you can name the campaign and the ‘from address’ with the name of the sender
- Use a free template from SendX or create a customized one
- Tweak the content by adding the body of the message, graphics, links to social pages, and other selections
- Send a test email to check its appearance
- Import recipients based on categories such as Segments, Tags, or Lists
- Remove addresses in the next step under ‘Exclude Contacts’
- Click on ‘Schedule’ to set a time to send your message at a later time
- Hit ‘Send Now’ to deliver it right away
- Hit the button that says ‘New Campaign’
- Head over to ‘Regular Campaign’ and click on ‘create’
- Configure the settings of the campaign such as name, subject, sender name, reply-to address, and confirmation contact
- Select your tracking preferences and hit ‘Next’
- Pick the mailing list and segment that you want to include
- Choose the format of the campaign you’d like from ‘HTML and plain text’ or ‘Plain text only’
- Create templates using the campaign editor or import a ready-made design
- Click on ‘Spam and Delivery Test’ to evaluate the campaign
- Select the option ‘Send this campaign immediately’ to dispatch it right away
- Tap the second alternative to send it at a different time
- Click on ‘Create an Email Campaign’ under ‘Campaigns’
- Add the name, subject, from address and name under ‘Setup’
- Go to ‘Design’ to create your template or pick one from the library
- Customize your message using the content, visuals, and color choices
- Drag and drop the blocks you want to add directly to the design
- Hit the icon of the pencil to modify the elements of the template
- Go to the tab titled ‘Recipients’
- Add the segments you want to send the message to
- Head to the ‘Confirmation’ step to send a test
- Tap on the green button that says ‘Schedule’ to set up a time to send your message
Tips For A Successful Political Email Marketing Campaign
Email marketing is ideal because it helps to get into the personal inboxes of voters. Still, to make readers convert into donations and supporters, you need to test several techniques until you find one that fits your needs.
1. Set Up A Strategy
The first step for running any successful political newsletter is to form a strategy from the grassroots level.
One impressive technique is the use of persuasion emails. This refers to promotional messages that attempt to persuade voters to support or donate to your cause. Given most prospects store their banking information on the devices they browse from, such as laptops and mobile phones, it’s easy for them to donate to your campaign when you reach them via email.
Persuasive messages inspire recipients to take action, such as donate, vote, or attend rallies. They involve actionable arguments, a resolute tone, or a CTA that directly asks for something from the contact. However, there are chances it can annoy or irritate the readers due to the tone.
2. Informative Emails
While persuasive messages increase donations, informative emails aim to drive engagement. The essence of such a campaign is that it shares useful information with prospects such as relevant details about their geographical locations, problems that apply to them, or updates about the drive, to name a few.
Informative political newsletters often include reminder messages like deadlines for voter registration, fundraisers, or polling dates. It often makes use of facts and statistics with a soft and approachable tone too.
3. Engage And Stand Out From The Crowd
Instead of boring prospective voters with long-form emails, political newsletters can build a sense of belonging by delivering engaging content. Interactive techniques that use quizzes, polls, and free online survey tools are a few ways of spicing up the monotonous campaigns they might already be accustomed to receiving.
Marketers can add wit or humor to messages to increase engagement rates instead of continually asking for support or donations. A few great subject lines seen from Bernie Sanders’ campaign include ‘I need to be frank with you’ and ‘You really deserve an explanation.’
4. Intense Testing
When it comes to email marketing service providers, there are many tools for testing different campaigns along with the body, subject line, images, CTA, and other elements of the email. You can go through the analytics to uncover your insights nowadays.
Alternatively, political marketers can utilize A/B testing tools to determine winning variants. For example, Obama’s highest-ranking email campaign raised $2.6 million with the subject line ‘I will be overspent.’ Before being run, it was selected from a list of 17 other variants. The best thing is most political newsletters have a big list of addresses that’s ideal for deriving substantial results with split testing.
5. Go For Segmentation
Even if you want everyone to donate or vote for you, sending the same copy to everyone on your list is the last thing you must do. For example, you can’t send the same donation email to an unemployed person and a high-income earner.
That’s where segmentation tools can help you divide users based on parameters like the history of donations, age, gender, income, location, industry, employment status, and other traits. In short, these tools will help you create targeted messages that are relevant to and customized for the reader.
When it comes to political email campaigns, there’s no one-size-fits-all strategy. Even if you find the perfect subject line once, you can’t reuse it all the time. The trick is to keep adjusting your campaigns, mixing up strategies, testing variants, and sending targeted messages to the right prospects.
You can also find inspiration in responsive newsletter templates offered for free by ESPs, competitor campaigns, and past campaigns run by winning politicians. Finally, combine several results to arrive at a unique strategy that works best for your audience.