Best Email Marketing Services For Restaurants 2020
The following lists the top five services with their exclusive perks for restaurant owners and marketers.
One of the most recommended email marketing services for restaurateurs, Mailchimp, is a pioneer in automation Optimizing your email content for mobile is an automatic feature available here for all users. You can use the creation wizard of Mailchimp for customizing the email.
The drag and drop interface combined with the pre-built email templates eases the entire process.
New restaurateurs can use over 15 pre-built automation workflows in addition to in-depth metrics and reports available from this service provider. If you already have a restaurant or two, creating segments based on unique email triggers will work wonders.
|Features of Mailchimp:|
- Split Testing
- Essentials: $9.99 per month
- Standard: $14.99 per month
- Premium: $299 per month
Popular for its white label marketing solutions, Benchmark is an LA-based email marketing brand. From creating custom emails to optimizing targeted lists, Benchmark is ideal for small and medium-sized restaurant owners.
The thing that caught our eye is its full video integration as it’s excellent for showcasing the food and ambiance of restaurants. On top of it, you can also customize the signup form on this platform per your preferences. Combined with the drag-and-drop email editor, Benchmark is even fun to use.
In combination with an easy-to-use UI, beginners and experts can create professional-looking surveys and other interesting content too. Alternatively, use the free PDF offered by Benchmark called the ‘email marketing manual’ if you’re unfamiliar with email marketing.
|Features of Benchmark:|
- A/B Testing
- Content Customization
- API & CRM Integration
- Ecommerce Tools
- Tracking Reports
- Pro: $13.99 per month
For small business owners and marketers looking for a one-stop solution for all their automation problems, Drip offers advanced solutions.
The email marketing service is famous for its dedicated automation tools, which help with maintaining long-term customer relationships. The best thing about Drip is its ability to set email triggers that automatically sends the email to users based on their behavior and purchase intent. You can personalize sales funnels and automate them at ease on this platform.
If you’re introducing new specials or extra dishes to the menu, announce it by sending event-based emails. The intuitive navigation on Drip makes it easy for creating advanced email courses and recipes for your foodie fans.
What drew our attention most is that they offer a refund if the service fails to grow your list or improve the conversion rates.
|Features of Drip:|
- Automation & Funnels
- Easy Integration
- Workflow Builder
- Track & Trigger
- Liquid Language Support
- Advanced Segmentation
- Basic: $49 per month
- Pro: $122 per month
- Enterprise: On Request
Small restaurateurs will find ConvertKit easy to navigate owing to its intuitive design. With precise-targeting and subscriber tagging, this email marketing service is ideal for improving location-based conversions. While ConvertKit offers no more than three email templates, the editor comes with basic functions that are responsive. However, most functions from this marketing service are built for basic processes and not more advanced use.
What we appreciate about this provider is its flexible subscription model where you can add or eliminate specific users from workflows. Another bonus is the subscription management with a visual overview of automation that makes this software essential for beginners.
While it doesn’t offer a free plan, you can test the service with the free trial.
|Features of ConvertKit: |
- Highly Targeted Emails
- Visual Automation Builder
- CAN-SPAM Compliance
- Email With Event Triggers
- Template Management
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Editor
- Landing Page/ Web Form Editor
- $29 per month for 1,000 subscribers
- $49 per month for 3,000 subscribers
- $79 per month for 5,000 subscribers
- $119 per month for 10,000 subscribers
Built for novices and small businesses, this software service lets users customize over 400 email templates. The best bit about signing up with Constant Contact is that it offers brands and businesses personalized content ideas based on their industry of choice.
You can also use the automation tools to create and send emails based on user behavior such as those interested in events, foods, and menu items via this site.
Restaurateurs are recommended to use the ‘event’ and ‘survey’ options on Constant Contact to enhance their marketing efforts. With a high deliverability rate of 89%, your emails will reach the tagged customer on time. Moreover, this service provider offers a free trial of up to 60 days for testing your needs.
|Features of Constant Contact:|
- A/B Testing For Subject Lines
- Performance Reporting
- API, CRM & Plugin Integration
- Triggered Automation
- Customizable Email Templates
- Available As A Mobile Application
The intuitive drag and drop functionality is hands down the best feature of this email service provider. If you’re new to email marketing, the 700 built-in email templates on AWeber will give you everything you need to build a good list of subscribers.
Affordable pricing is not the only perk of signing up on AWeber. The service provider is also famous for its lead generation tools that are ideal for acquiring new customers. Users can also create signup forms on this platform as per convenience and preferences.
|Features of AWeber:|
- Split Testing With Tutorials
- Segment By Location
- API, CRM, Plugin & Ecommerce Integrations
- Signup Form Generator
- Free Smart Designer
- Tweakable Email Templates
- Email Sequence Automation
- $19: Up to 500 subscribers
- $29: Up to 2500 subscribers
- $49: Up to 5000 subscribers
- $69: Up to 10,000 subscribers
- $149: Up to 25,000 subscribers
Why Email Marketing Is Good For Restaurants
Estimated to be about 15% of the total marketing budget across the industry, email marketing is among the easiest marketing strategies to deploy.
Find out the eight other benefits of using email marketing for your restaurant below.
- Meet Demand: Statistics show over 72% of Americans want to receive emails from businesses.
- Low Costs: On top of being almost-free and affordable, email marketing wastes no money on print and postage.
- Automation: Automated emails record 119% more click rates than broadcast emails.
- Better ROI: Generating 28.5% in ROI when compared to direct email, marketers can earn up to $44 for every $1 spent on email marketing.
- Advanced Tools: From in-depth reporting to comprehensive analytics, you can track the opening rate, conversion rate, and other metrics to keep improving your campaigns.
- Brand Exposure: You can increase awareness about your brand among subscribers by personalizing the email with your brand logo and other details.
- Improved Sales: Include upsell and cross-sell options in your email marketing strategies to encourage your customers to buy from your restaurant.
- Convert Lost Customers: You can recover customers who abandoned their carts via follow up emails based on their behavior using a software.
How Do I Pick The Right Software For Restaurants?
Restaurateurs and marketers searching for professional tips on email marketing software will find the list below worth bookmarking.
Look for the following key performance indicators for identifying seamless marketing software.
- Contact Management: Tracking and record keeping of communication between the subscriber and the business is an important feature.
- Segmentations Available: Check the list of segmentations such as age, spending history, geographic location, behavior, and gender on your target audience.
- Customization & Branding: Assess personalization tools offered by the service provider for your design ideas.
- Integrations: Keep an eye out for integrations such as API, CRM, Google Analytics, Social Media and Plugins.
- Automation Tools: Look out for behavioral triggers to create smart automation sequences.
- List Maintenance: Watch for advanced maintenance tools such as the removal of soft bounces or hard bounces.
If you want to make the most of email marketing, the first step is to use a software designed for your goals. Next, research and stick to a consistent rhythm of sending your emails such as every Tuesday or Thursday. This is because automated emails have 60% more conversion than emails sent at random intervals.
Find out the best three email marketing strategies for restaurant owners below to get started.
Follow The Standards
Given welcome emails produce 320% more sales than promotional emails, create and set a welcome email. Another norm is to include dishes from your menu using captivating descriptions because this can drive up purchase intent by 27%.
Make Use Of Automation
Create triggers that prompt email sequences such as birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays. You can also send a series of automated emails based on the variable data such as the subscriber behavior of abandoning the cart.
Customize Your Subject Lines
According to Econsultancy, adding emojis in the subject line can increase the open rate by 65%. Consider doing A/B testing with your subject lines to find out what rings well with your target audience.
Email marketing can help increase customer loyalty, generate higher sales, and improve brand awareness for participating restaurants. Given its affordable price point and high ROI, small and large restaurants alike should consider the value of adding email marketing to their available advertising arsenal.
One last bonus tip is to select a day of the week and brand it yours with hashtags such as #FriedChickenFridays or #SpicySaturdays.