Black Friday at ActiveCampaign: 50% Off 2 Months
Sign up now for a new ActiveCampaign Plus plan or above and receive 50% off your first 2 months. Hurry up! This deal ends on 11/30/2020.
ActiveCampaign in a NutShell
|User Accounts:||Multiple with different logins|
|Segmentation and Geo:||Yes|
|Means of Use:||mobile, tablet, web, social media|
|Industry:||Advertising, Media, Ecommerce|
Key Features and Workflows
Creating Email Campaigns and Managing
One of the things that I found remarkable about ActiveCampaign is how easy and straightforward it was to create email marketing campaigns. The platform’s dedicated section for creating email marketing campaigns is easy to use and extremely well-organized, making it ideal for both beginners and experts to start building.
- Emails Sent/Opened and Links Clicked – ActiveCampaign offers excellent reporting tools to track your individual email and campaigns’ success rates, including tracking open rates based on time, segments, and more. Additionally, you can create goals to track, as well as view how each is performing.
- Deliverability Rate and Delivery by Time Zone – ActiveCampaign’s deliverability rate is one of the highest among all the available email marketing software in the industry. To ensure even more opens, you can also schedule your emails to be delivered by time zone, ensuring users view your content at the right moment.
- Creating and Importing Email Lists – ActiveCampaign’s handy import feature allows you to either add all your existing email lists to your contacts by importing a CSV file or copying and pasting the list manually. You can also add integrations to input new leads as they are created into your lists.
- Split Tests and A/B Tests – One area where ActiveCampaign sets itself apart from the pack is with its A/B testing capabilities. You can run basic tests by changing subject lines and leaving the content the same or create two entirely different emails. The best part is that you can select winners based on different criteria, and you can determine them both after they’ve run or during the test itself.
- Personalization – I found it quite easy to create personalized content thanks to ActiveCampaign’s logic-based conditions. You can set triggers to change the content based on previous actions taken, interests, links clicked, and other interactions. In my tests, these automated emails still produced a surprisingly high open and response rate.
Reporting and Analysis
Overall, I found that ActiveCampaign provides one of the most complete reporting tools available, even including a strong visualization tool to make reports easier to understand. From basic data such as opens and click-throughs to more advanced analytics including click-maps and goal-based metrics, you can create reports that help you build a better campaign.
- Engagement Reports (Email Open Rate and CR Tracking) – ActiveCampaign’s reporting system features a detailed look into the activities of your subscribers, allowing you to track how often your emails are opened and links are clicked. You can set the period to track (even down to hourly open rates), measure both unique reads and total reads, and measure those who didn’t open your emails.
- Heat Maps – Though it doesn’t offer visual heat maps, you can still use ActiveCampaign’s link tracking to see which links are being followed and clicked most frequently, how often they’re being clicked, and how is doing it. This data can be used to improve your segmentation and provide smarter if/then triggers for your personalization.
- Campaign Comparison Report – ActiveCampaign’s performance reporting tool, which was released a year ago, gives you full visibility into each of your campaigns’ metrics. The feature lets you view your previous and current campaigns side-by-side to compare a variety of factors, including tags, automations, conversions, and more. You can also set periods to examine and export your reports to CSV files.
- Social Media Tracking – Another feature I found helpful is ActiveCampaign’s social media tracking. This feature allows subscribers to share your content with their own followers through social media and allow you to track how frequently your content is being shared and engaged with.
- ROI Analysis – ActiveCampaign’s Campaigns Performance report lets you view a variety of data, including the revenue generated, especially if you’re connecting with an Ecommerce platform. You can also measure attribution, understanding exactly which parts of your campaign are producing conversions, and thus revenues.
Adding external tools and integrations can help expand your marketing efforts and enhance your email campaigns, which is why I was pleased to see the wide range of integrations offered by ActiveCampaign. The company offers nearly 300 integrations and apps that let you connect your email campaigns to your broader marketing efforts.
- Google Analytics – integrating Google Analytics with ActiveCampaign’s software allows you to track important data such as where your subscribers go when they click on your links and grants insights on valuable customer activity to help you adjust your campaigns accordingly.
- API Integrations – ActiveCampaign’s API integrations allow you to integrate all the tools you need in order to make your campaigns a success. Structured around JSON, REST, and HTTP, you can easily add what you need to your campaigns – from syncing contact information to customizing your campaigns.
- Ecommerce Tools – ActiveCampaign offers integration with some of the most popular Ecommerce tools available in the industry, including Magento, PayPal, and Shopify. This makes it easy to connect your online store with your ActiveCampaign account and incorporate customer activity into your email campaigns.
- CRM Integrations – Managing your growing business has been made easier with the various CRM integrations ActiveCampaign has to offer. Their extensive list of CRM integrations includes major names like Asana, Salesforce, Base, SugarCRM, and Zoho CRM.
- Social Media Integrations – In addition to connections like Facebook, you can integrate a variety of social media platforms including YouTube, Twitter, and includes Zapier, which offers a variety of additional apps that require no coding skills to connect. These allow your brand to reach and target a wider audience and allow your subscribers to share your campaigns on their respective accounts.
- Apps – In total, ActiveCampaign features over 270 apps that include everything from database tools, Ecommerce connectors, event management, and CMS tools. More importantly, you can integrate any of these with no coding experience at all.
- Plugins – If you already use tools like WordPress or Ecommerce platforms like Shopify and Magento, you can use ActiveCampaign’s plug-in functionalities to insert forms and other links into your pages to streamline your email workflows.
If you’re looking for advanced automation functionality, ActiveCampaign is one of the top tools on the market. At its core, the system is based on a series of if/then logic triggers that you can customize with a variety of specific actions and events. These triggers are based on tags, and more specifically behavioral tags (which are automated).
Even so, creating new automated workflows is easy thanks to ActiveCampaign’s flowchart-based automation tool. You can design specific conditions and simply place them where you need, instead of having to write out condition lists. Depending on your target goal, they have pre-made automation workflows from which you can choose to reach your specific campaign goal.
ActiveCampaign’s automation setup wizard is a convenient tool to help you create automated campaigns and will guide you on the steps you need to take to create your workflowYou can still set your own conditions so that your automation better suits your goals.
Design and Ease of Use
You know a software solution is a good one when its design and user interface is comprehensive enough to have all the features you need but still easy to understand and use that even a complete beginner can easily navigate it. ActiveCampaign’s easy-to-use dashboard and helpful campaign maker tools are a great step to help create your first campaigns with no problems.
- Drag and Drop Interface – ActiveCampaign uses a drag and drop interface to build campaigns and workflows, making it easy to turn your visions into reality. You can create custom workflows, emails, and forms to help drive higher engagement and conversions.
- Landing Page Creator – ActiveCampaign doesn’t include a native landing page creator, but it has integrations for a variety of tools to build them including LeadPages, ClickFunnels, and OptimizePress.
- Email Templates – Though it’s slightly more limited than some competitors, ActiveCampaign does provide you with 30 pre-made templates in several categories that can help you quickly launch a new campaign with minimal effort. You also have the option to customize them or create your own.
- Sign-up Forms within Newsletter Tool – ActiveCampaign offers a variety of forms you can include on your webpages and landing pages, but it doesn’t feature an option to embed them in your newsletters. The company’s forms operate strictly on an “opt-in” basis, and you can use them as part of your automation cycle, and even to start new email drips.
Price: starting from $15 monthly (500 contacts)
|Price: starting from $70 monthly (500 contacts)||Price: starting from $159 monthly (500 contacts)||Price: starting from $279 monthly (500 contacts)|
ActiveCampaign provides its clients with various channels to contact them. They have a dedicated team for sales and another for customer support, ensuring that whatever questions you may have are answered. Aside from this, they also have an extensive database of their service’s information and an inclusive community that can help resolve issues.
For Sales, you may contact them through the following numbers:
Toll-free: +1 (800) 357-0402
International: +1 (773) 904-0945
Or fill out this form.
For Customer Support, you may contact them via this form or through their live chat support.
They have offices in the following cities:
1 North Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60602
55 Monument Circle
Indianapolis, IN 46204
223 Liverpool Street
Darlinghurst, NSW 2010
Charlemont Exchange Charlemont Street
What I Liked About ActiveCampaign
If you’re serious about taking your email marketing game to the next level, then ActiveCampaign is the perfect software for you.
It offers all the advanced tools you need to create a successful campaign and features some of the best automation features I’ve seen.
I also liked the various integrations it has to offer its clients and the comprehensive step-by-step guide each of their setup wizards has.
What I Didn’t Like About ActiveCampaign
While the interface of their software is user-friendly, the pricing of their subscriptions can be inaccessible for those who are on a tight budget. As of now, the pricing of their plans is only accessible for those who want to seriously invest in email marketing.
The lack of a free plan is also something I would like them to address. However, the availability of a free trial gives potential customers the chance to try out their services and see whether it’s worth investing in or not.