AWeber in a NutShell
|User Accounts:||Multiple, with different logins|
|Segmentation and Geo:||Yes|
|Means of Use:||Tablet, mobile, social media, web|
|Industry:||Advertising, Marketing, eCommerce|
Key Features and Workflows
And what about the key features and workflows for AWeber? Here is an overview.
Creating Emails and Campaigns
What first stood out with AWeber is how easy it is to create an email campaign. The drag-and-drop functionality makes the whole process quick and painless.
The platform is easy to navigate and in a matter of a few minutes, you’ll be ready to send your campaign to your email list.
I liked the fact that if I wanted to select a feature such as the drag-and-drop email builder, all I needed to do was to hover the mouse over the tabs and select the right tool.
- Emails Sent/Opened and Links Clicked – AWeber provides you with email analytics that include opens, click-throughs, unsubscribes, and emails sent. The information from these reports allows you to make improvements to increase the impact of your campaigns. The revenue per email report makes it easy to directly connect your campaigns’ success to the ROI they bring back in dollar terms.
- Deliverability Rates and Delivery by Time Zone – one of the main ways to ensure that emails sent arrive at the most convenient time for the recipient is delivering by time zone. This is an area where the AWeber software excels. The company makes it easy to segment your email lists by geographic locations and schedule emails to be sent to each group at the time that will ensure the greatest open rates.
- Creating and Importing Email Lists – AWeber lets you import your subscribers list on their “Add Subscribers” page. The software also allows you to omit the unsubscribed list by clicking on the “Currently Subscribed” button. The process lets you add only the current and active subscribers. You can also create conditions to automatically remove users based on factors like number of bounces or set time without an email sent.
- Split Tests and A/B Testing – Creating a split test with AWeber lets you test different content to increase the response rate of your readers. AWeber even provides you an eBook with multiple examples for carrying out your split tests. The A/B testing feature helps boost the subscriber list and conversions. I was also able to boost my autoresponder series to increase my conversions.
- Personalization – you can add information that is specific to your email subscribers via the personalization fields. AWeber also lets you add a personalization field when editing your messages by first choosing a block where you would like to add your message. This is an effective way to boost engagement and a good tool to prevent the message from landing in the spam folder.
Reporting and Analysis
AWeber’s reporting and analytics allows you to track your email campaigns more in-depth.
You can view your total emails sent, bounces, and even complaints. You are also able to see the total number of emails opened, clicks, sales, web hits, and unsubscribes.
With the data from the reports, it was easy for me to segment my email list and create and send more targeted email campaigns.
- Engagement Reports- the AWeber platform lets you easily see your email opens and click rates. This allows you to tell whether your email campaigns are running successfully or need to be improved for more subscriber engagement. Simply go to your messages drop-down menu and click campaigns to see your opens and clicks.
- Heat Maps- heat mapping allows you to see not just who visited your website, but also which clicks had the most engagement. Unfortunately, AWeber does not have a heat-mapping feature. However, there are integrations that you can connect with AWeber to enable heatmapping.
- Campaign Comparison Report- with AWeber’s email automation platform you can create multiple email campaigns and set them to run either individually or concurrently. This allows you to compare the results from each campaign and find the one with the most engagement.
- Segmentation- the AWeber segmentation feature enables you to divide your email list into groups with similar interests so you can send tailored email campaigns to each group with information that is directly relevant to them. You can easily create a segment through the “Manage Subscribers” button.
- Social Media Tracking- integrating social media and email marketing is a powerful way to create leads and increase subscriber list and conversions. AWeber social media integrations such as Heyo, Woobox, Shortstack, and Viralsweep allow you to keep an eye on the interactions of your email campaigns and customers on social media.
- ROI Analysis- AWebers email tracking feature shows you your emails’ revenue. This data can be used to make changes that increase conversions and ROI. You can even track this data on the go thanks to AWeber’s mobile stats app.
I was pleased to see that AWeber has an extensive catalog of third-party integrations that let you customize and optimize your email marketing campaigns.
You can access hundreds of integrations for CRM, eCommerce, lead generation, social media, and Content Management.
I found all the integrations that I needed to be simple to connect with my AWeber account. The WordPress plugin, for instance, made it easy to add a sign-up form on my site in just a few minutes.
Here is an overview of the integrations items:
1- Google Analytics
2- API integration
3- Ecommerce tools
4- CRM Integrations
5- Social media integrations
- Google Analytics- The google analytics integration lets you keep track of your sign-up forms and how your subscribers and customers are engaging with your messages. I could easily track my web pages as well as specify goals for certain webpages on my site.
- API Integrations – AWeber features an API that allows users to connect their AWeber account with other services and sites. This is a great tool for advanced users, although beginners should still have more than enough with the available AWeber integrations
- Ecommerce Tools – AWeber gives you plenty of ecommerce integrations. You can connect your AWeber account with PayPal using the PayPal integration. There is also the Shopify, Big Commerce, WooCommerce and Etsy integrations that enable you to connect your AWeber account with the leading eCommerce platforms.
- CRM Integrations – You can connect a number of CRM integrations including Zendesk, Salesforce, and LiveAgent to help keep your business vivid in the minds of your customers. By integrating your CRM and email campaigns, you can gain a broader view of each customer and provide better tailored content with higher success rates.
- Social Media Integrations- With the Facebook plugin, you can connect your AWeber account to send your email campaigns to your Facebook fans. Aweber has multiple other social media integrations such as Facebook Leads Ads, and LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms. You can even create landing pages for social media easily with the Lander integration.
- Apps – you can connect your Aweber account with hundreds of different App integrations to get the most out of your email marketing campaigns. There are multiple apps for social media, CRM, eCommerce, lead generation, landing pages and more. Whatever goals you have, you can find an app to help you achieve it.
- Plugins- I enjoyed using Aweber as I could always find a plugin for the task I needed to accomplish. There are hundreds to choose from including WordPress, Blogger, Squarespace, Wix and many more. The integration process is fast and easy and only takes a couple of minutes.
The Aweber platform is incredibly simple to navigate and intuitive to use. Its email automation feature makes it easy to create scheduled email blasts, and even set up custom drip campaigns for a variety of purposes, from post-sales to lead nurturing.
You can also send triggered email campaigns and tag your customers according to the types of links clicked and the emails opened.
The drag-and-drop feature lets you easily create automated sequences. I found the advanced email automation feature to be just as simple and straightforward to use.
With less time handling tasks manually, you have more time to boost engagement and conversions.
Design and Ease of Use
The best email marketing software is not just one that delivers results but is also easy to use. AWeber is without a doubt very intuitive. Its streamlined design also makes it easy to navigate.
Using the various features and connecting with the various integrations is fast and simple, which helps to make your email marketing that much easier.
Drag and Drop Interface
Creating and Sending your email campaigns couldn’t be easier with the AWeber drag and drop email editor. You can create professional looking emails even if you don’t have any design experience. By picking whichever tools you want from the toolbar, you can easily drag and drop them on your message and customize them.
Landing Page Creator
to create landing pages with AWeber, choose any of the available landing page integrations such as LeadPages, Instapage, Unbounce, Landing Page Cat and PageWiz. LandingCube allows amazon sellers to build landing pages from the ground up.
With over 700 email templates, all of which are customizable, you can create awesome email campaigns that are also responsive on mobile devices.
Sign-Up Forms Within Newsletters Tool
AWeber’s sign-up form generator allows you to create simple yet effective sign-up and opt-in forms. You can tweak and customize the design to match your business brand. You can also use the forms to segment your subscribers for more targeted email marketing.
|0-500 Subs.||Price: $19|
|501-2500 subs.||Price: $29|
|2501-5000 subs.||Price: $49|
|5001-10000 subs.||Price: $$69|
Aweber offers around-the-clock support via email, live chat, or even over the phone. If you choose email, a support agent will usually reach you within a business day to acknowledge your issues and start the resolution process.
If you’re pressed for time, or in an emergency, however, the live chat is your best option.
1100 Manor Drive, Chalfont,
PA 18914, USA
After using AWeber for 6 months I found the software to be intuitive and easy to use, complete with a variety of templates, extensive support options, and an all-round great tool for small businesses.
What I Liked About AWeber
There are many AWeber features which I really liked, starting with its intuitive design and easy-to-use interface.
AWeber also offers more email templates than most of the competing email marketing solutions.
Additionally, the software integrates easily with third-party apps and tools. The easy drag-and-drop features plus the automation features make AWeber among the best email marketing software in the market today.
What I Didn’t Like About AWeber
Although it does offer plenty of features and resources, AWeber is on the higher end of the pricing spectrum.
If you’re in a budget crunch, there are other tools that may be more appropriate for your financial state.
Additionally, although there are hundreds of templates to choose from, some could do with a design update.
Also, I discovered that you could not include or exclude a number of segments all at once when you are sending a newsletter.