Written By Jason Rowse - Digital Marketing Expert
What is Copernica?
As a professional email marketing platform with headquarters in the Netherlands, Copernica’s goal is to make its clients’ lives easier through its many features. This flexible software has multiple categories of clients as the target audience.
Copernica Pros & Cons
- Makes it easy to manage campaigns: The fact that Copernica makes it so easy to manage your email marketing campaigns is a plus. Its features are helpful, and you can keep an eye on the development of your campaigns.
- A free version is available: Copernica has a free version that anyone can try after registering on the website.
- It allows for the creation of a company account with smaller accounts included: This software allows clients to set up a big company account with multiple minor accounts that can be added later.
- Lacks some tutorials: Some clients might find certain features of Copernica difficult to understand, especially if they do not have much experience in this domain. Unfortunately, there aren’t any tutorials available that can explain what you should do so you don't’ get stuck. However, the platform offers live training sessions and written documentation which could come in handy.
- The paid version can be expensive: In case someone feels like the free version of this software is not enough for what their campaigns need, there’s a paid version that can be considered expensive by some. It does, however, offer a lot more benefits with a pay-as-you-go
Who is Copernica Good For?
- Big, medium, and small businesses: Copernica is a good choice regardless of the size of your company. It can help you set up professional email marketing campaigns for any amount of subscribers.
- Individual entrepreneurs: As an individual entrepreneur who wants to attract an audience or keep the current one interested, Copernica might be the perfect option.
- People on a budget: People who are on a budget can turn their attention towards this platform. You can choose to only pay for what you use or benefit from the free plan’s available features.
Copernica Isn’t Recommended For:
- Complete beginners: Copernica doesn’t offer any tutorials. So, a complete beginner in this field might have some trouble taking the right steps to create a good campaign.
- People who are used to free trials: If you are used to a free trial provided by certain similar services where you can try all the benefits for free for a certain period, Copernica is not for you. It does not provide a free trial but it does have a free version with limited features.
E-mails / month
Unlimited database storage
Pay as you go
From € 0.020 / e-mail
Copernica caters to a variety of clients with different needs. For example, if you want more users for your account, you will need to pay extra. Also, every additional account costs €175. Extra API calls and bundles also need to be paid extra.
Both parties can end the collaboration for whatever reason at any given time. In case the termination of the account is requested by the client, the client is still under the remaining payment obligations. When it comes to refunds, the platform doesn’t provide any information.
Copernica is an email marketing tool that has a wide variety of features because it targets a large array of clients. It has four main features with many others intertwined, which I will talk about in the following lines.
· Template editor
Copernica has a very simple-to-use template editor that helps clients when coming up with ideas for their email campaigns and when personalizing them for the audience. It has multiple options that clients can access to create custom-made emails that will keep subscribers engaged.
· Follow up manager
Copernica’s follow-up manager allows clients to design and manage their own subscribers’ journeys. So, if anyone wants to send truly personal messages, this is the place to start.
· Flexible database
Because this platform’s database system is flexible, clients can save any type of data they want therefore coming up with segmentations that are based on data compiled from a mix of databases.
The APIs and webhooks that Copernica offers to clients can help them integrate the software into their websites, personal blogs, online shops, apps, etc. Moreover, thanks to real-time notifications, clients can see where their campaign stands at all times.
This is how the free version Copernica dashboard loads
Follow-ups are important for any email marketing campaign if you want to keep your subscribers engaged and active. Thanks to Copernica’s automation tool, clients can send emails automatically based on what actions the audience has taken.
· Flexible input
Clients can design their emails from scratch using either the platform’s drag and drop editor, in HTML, or both. This helps with the personalization and customization of the emails according to the audience’s reactions.
· Advanced control
Customers have full access and control over all important data and databases that also include complex statistics. So, every marketing campaign ends up being successful and bringing in results.
A look at the email editor on Copernica
All of Copernica's functions are based on automation, and the entirety of the email marketing campaign’s creation process is done through these tools. Here is what’s important to know:
- Email marketing automation: Through this feature, clients can send emails and follow-up automatically, saving precious time. They can also program occasional emails (for birthdays or certain events) or trigger emails, each time a subscriber accesses something specific.
- Automatic databases: Clients can edit profiles per subscriber behavior. For example, once someone unsubscribes, you can set up the system to automatically send an email that could bring them back.
The e-mail marketing automation page in the documentation section of the website
The Copernica integrations are extremely useful for a successful marketing campaign and will save a lot of time. The platform offers you integrations like WordPress, Zapier, Salesforce, Basedriver, Flowbox, Google Analytics, RetailVista, plus the ones in the next image, and these are just a few of them.
Some of the many integrations that are available on Copenica
Omnisend is a good email marketing tool to use if you want better results and more time on your hands. With prices starting at $16/month, this software offers a lot of features, like email automation, funnels, segmentation, and templates to pick from.
Benchmark is also a nice option if you want an alternative for Copernica that’s easy to use and has a lot of features. It is also quite affordable, at only $13/month for the pro plan.
Mailerlite allows clients to come up with inspired and engaging email marketing campaigns. With a 14-day trial and prices starting at $10/month, this could be a serious candidate to help you increase your revenue and audience as a business.
In conclusion, Choosing Copernica as your trusted email marketing tool is a good idea, mostly due to its huge number of features and the intuitive UI. Besides that, its free plan is quite attractive and offers a lot of benefits, making it especially suitable for entrepreneurs and small brands. As the benefits increase, so does the price, so be aware of that!