Written By Jason Rowse - Digital Marketing Expert
What Is Emercury?
Emercury offers a service that provides email marketing automation to small businesses that want to capture and convert leads into customers. You can create trigger-based campaigns, utilizing autoresponder tools and customization among other handy features available over their various price plans.
Emercury Pros & Cons
- Solid automation features - Emercury allows you to auto-respond with customizable trigger events, for example, through a new signup/purchase, clicks, and events. The Journey builder allows you to apply tags to group your customers using different parameters. This is ideal for people who are new to email marketing and need help setting it up
- Great customer service - With a highly personal approach, Emercury has specialists that will guide you through each step of the process. If you want to take this further, they also provide profile audits to help you formulate an effective, personalized marketing campaign
- Ease of use - Emercury has put together resources such as training videos, scheduled demos, and a DMARC record generator, as well as standard documentation. They also offer a paid service ($349) to let somebody else set up email automation for you, tailored to your business needs, allowing you to focus your time and attention on other aspects of your business
- Integration capabilities - With Emercury, you can sync your data to 2000+ platforms, apps, and tools. You can also integrate your social media, including the likes of Facebook, Shopify, and WordPress, to keep all your communications in one place
- No 24/7 live support - Although the customer service is great, it is somewhat limited by the lack of 24/7 live support. While the live chat operates during US business hours, it does mean that you may have to wait for responses and receive no weekend support. This is a disadvantage, especially if you’re utilizing their help/setup services
- Features locked behind plans - If you plan on only paying for the basic package, you’ll be missing out on features such as A/B testing, delivery alerts, and phone/skype contact. These are only available in the more expensive plans, meaning companies with smaller customer bases could be paying a lot more just for these features
Who Is Emercury Recommended For?
If you are a new startup or small business and you are new to the email marketing world, Emercury offers help at every step. Their paid extra setup services mean that you won’t have to waste any time working out a new system and start reaping the rewards of a solid email marketing campaign instantly.
Who Is Emercury Not Recommended For?
Experienced email marketers. Emercury directs extra focus on quality customer service and extra servicing/help features. This, while useful to many, may be redundant if you are experienced in setting up and navigating email campaigns. You could end up paying for help services that you won’t need as part of the package.
$57 - $120
9,999 - 24,999
100,000 - 200,000
3 users, 3 month reporting retention
$227 - $577
49,999 - 124,999
500,000 - 1,250,000
5 users, 5 month reporting retention, A/B testing, logo removal
$687 - custom
149,999 - 474,999
1,500,000 - 3,750,000
10 users, unlimited reporting retention, consultation/1-on-1 help, event tracking
$1167 - custom
2,000,000 - 50,000,000
unlimited users, dedicated analyst, monthly audits, eCPM reporting
Emercury offers 4 core plans with various extra features and support channels added with each upgrade. Within each plan, you can adjust the number of subscribers and messages that are allocated to you; this gives you more flexibility. The prices are monthly, but there’s an option for an annual subscription, offering 2 months for free. Nonprofits and charities are eligible for a 15% discount, which is a nice little touch.
Cancellation / Refund Policies
With its month-to-month payment plan option, Emercury does not lock you into a long-term contract, if you don’t want to. It does offer annual plans that are available at a discounted price. Amounts paid for both the monthly and annual subscription models are non-refundable.
Emercury offers several features, such as autoresponders, customization, and app integration. However, there are some advanced tool features included in the more expensive plans.
· Ease of Use
With their extensive documentation, scheduled demos, paid consultations, and customer support, Emercury makes it very easy to set up an effective campaign, even for someone who’s never laid eyes on an email marketing service before. A simple UI allows for easy navigation.
This is available on all plans and allows you to automate your responses triggered by certain events like a new subscription, meaning you’re wasting no time in connecting to potential leads.
· Free Account
Emercury offers a free account and trial for up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 monthly emails. While this option comes with limited features, it’s useful to familiarize yourself with their system before deciding whether to upgrade.
· Multiple User Logins
From 3 users for a “starter” plan, up to unlimited for the “scale” plan, the ability to assign several users to one subscription allows for multiple teams to work on campaigns at the same time, making time for more coordinated workflows.
· Drag And Drop
The ability to customize new and existing templates is essential for allowing you to personalize and tailor to your brand and customer needs. Associated features such as drag-and-drop make customization a piece of cake.
· A/B Testing
A/B Testing allows you to trial campaigns to see what resonates most before going ahead with one, potentially resulting in a higher ROI when used effectively. To access this feature you must be on at least the “grow” plan.
· Additional Paid Services
As well as offering the tools to create your own campaigns, Emercury has expert teams you can hire at an additional cost. This feature ranges from simple guidance to full setup and supervision at all stages with integrated audits should you require it.
FEATURES SCORE: 4.5/5
Emercury Automation Features
The automation features offered by Emercury are extensive and allow you to create a personalized experience for customers. The ability to set up IF events (if x does this, then y should happen), can result in more effective communications. You will also have the ability to capture potential new leads automatically.
Automatically tag your customer base with parameters for the best possible interactions. For example, if you have a global customer base, you do not want to send all your communications at once as it could result in some users receiving the message at a suboptimal time. Auto-tagging with time delays based on timezone would make this a non-issue.
Emercury Software Integration
App integration - Emercury boasts the ability to sync your data with 2,000+ apps, services, and tools for an integrated system all centralized in one place. These include market leaders such as Facebook, Shopify, and WordPress. Having one workflow to organize campaigns across multiple platforms can result in a more streamlined approach, not to mention the costs saved.
API - The Emercury API allows you to sync data between CMS, CRM, blog, shopping cart, and more. The help page has specific examples with clear step-by-step tutorials with screenshots.
EmailOctopus - This software offers a simple payment plan, including a free version, great marketing tools, and an easy-to-use UI. Emailoctopus is considered one of the best value-for-money services currently out there. It is also a great option if you want to harness the power of email marketing without spending too much.
SendX - SendX offers all the features needed for effective email marketing. This UK-based email marketing distributor offers free migration from any other ESP, with the bonus of 24/7 support across multiple platforms. The payment plans give you unlimited emails per month, regardless of what you are paying, and don't lock essential features behind expensive subscriptions.
Mailerlite - This is a good alternative for beginners on a modest budget. It offers all your basic needs like automation, tagging, and integrations (127 as of writing). Mailerlite offers a landing page creator that allows you to create an online store.
Emercury offers the user an array of features and a level of automation that makes it a great choice for those starting out, but may be less suited to those with smaller subscriber/messaging pools wanting all features available to them on lower plans.
The support network of experts, auditors, demonstrators, and personal tutors means that the process can be created for you if you’re willing to pay a little more.