|Professionally Reviewed by: Alex Gurevich|
Digital Marketing Expert
Written By Jason Rowse - Digital Marketing Expert
GetResponse in a NutShell
|Pricing Starts From:||$10.50/Monthly *2 years subscription|
|User Accounts:||Multiple, with individual logins|
|Segmentation and Geo:||Yes|
|Means of Use:||Webinars, Tablet, mobile, social media|
|Industry:||Automotive, eCommerce, high-tech, financial services|
What is GetResponse?
This is a comprehensive email marketing platform that allows you to send automated emails that are highly targeted while providing a platform to create Facebook, Instagram and google ads directly from within your account. GetResponse has advanced features, including list segmentation, marketing automation, conversion funnels, webinars and an autoresponder.
GetResponse Pros & Cons
- Conversion Funnels:A funnel helps guide your audience through the process of getting to know your brand while at the same time trying to captivate them with attractive products and deals, turning them from subscribers into paying customers. GetResponse has conversion funnels that include opt-ins, lead magnets, sales and webinars.
- Advanced List Management:I am impressed with GetResponses segmentation features that allow you to group contacts into different categories based on various contact data and behaviors. Segmenting your contacts is the best way for your business to create relevant and targeted In return, it will also improve the engagement rate of your emails.
- Excellent Automation: GetResponses email automation is by far one of my favorites since it can do so much. The software includes features that you can use to add filters and an unlimited number of tags for effective targeting.
- Webinars:This feature is not offered by many softwares which makes get response an edge over its competitors. GetResponse allows you to host multiple webinars with two other presenters with up to 1,000 attendees. You can also store up to 20 hours of webinar recordings. GetResponse webinars are an excellent way to build trust with your audience as they get to communicate with your brand in real-time. The attendees will more likely want to purchase a product after you offer them a time-sensitive promotion within the webinar.
- Poor Deliverability rates:Although GetResponse claims to have a 99% deliverability rate, I have found online reviews that suggest their rates are closer to 8%. Low rates can be a problem since the deliverability makes sure that your emails land up in thesubscribers' inboxes and not in the spam folder. I would keep an eye on it since deliverability rates tend to fluctuate, and in time they will hopefully go up.
- No Free plan: It would be nice if everyone was able to access this advanced software. Unfortunately, GetResponse only offers a 30-day free trial with no option of a free plan
Who is GetResponse Good for?
If you are looking for a website builder- GetResponse allows you to build an entire website from scratch using their drag-and-drop design editor, or you can choose from their customizable templates to get your site up and running quickly. What makes this so beneficial is that you don't have to purchase multiple platforms. By using GetResponse, you get to do everything in one place.
If you are looking for more than email marketing- GetResponse allows you to create Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ads all from within the software. Social ads give you the ability to target lookalike audiences that help generate new leads, or you can target the people who have already visited your landing page.
If you are an eCommerce store- GetResponse should be top of your list if you're an online store owner. It allows you to integrate with popular online platforms like Etsy and Shopify. If you don’t have a 3rd party platform to integrate with, you can create a store using GetResponse. A nice feature is that you can set up campaigns that automatically recommend similar products which can help boost conversions.
GetResponse is not recommended for:
If you want affordable automation- For you to benefit from this software's advanced automation, you would have to upgrade to their plus plan, which can put a massive strain on your budget. Automation is an important feature and the fact that you can't use it on the basic plan is a bit of a disappointment.
If you are looking for basic software- GetResponse can be overwhelming if you are a beginner since there are many features to choose from. Sometimes all you want is to create basic campaigns with simple automation, and if that is the case, then GetResponse might not be worth the price since you won’t utilize all their features.
Getresponse Full Video Review
GetResponse Deliverability (Rated: 4/5)
The deliverability was not as great as GetResponse claimed to be, and they seemed to fluctuate from campaign to campaign. I give them a score of 4, but still recommend you keep an eye on the deliverability rates.
GetResponse’s deliverability rates are poor, despite boasting a 99% deliverability rate. Reviews indicate that the true number was closer to 8%. I found that the numbers fluctuated from campaign to campaign, which would mean you might have to keep an eye on the numbers should you choose to utilize this system. GetResponse does offer deliverability consulting for those on their Enterprise plan, so this could help ensure that your emails maintain a decent deliverability rate.
GetResponse Pricing (Rated: 3/5)
GetResponse’s custom pricing feature is great, but the lack of a free plan meant that access to the system was limited. They only receive a score of 3.
GetResponse prices range between $15-$99. If you opt to pay annually, then you can get a 30% discount. This software offers four plans to choose from, including basic, plus, professional, and max. More features get added depending on the plan you select, and the price goes up with each plan depending on the number of contacts you choose.
You can easily cancel subscription within your account. Since GetResponse is a pay-as-you-go service, they do not issue refunds. If you purchased an annual plan, you would not get refunded if you decide to cancel your plan days later. So before buying a long-term plan, make sure to try their 30-day free trial.
Key Features and Workflows
Creating Emails and Campaigns
GetResponse provides you with plenty of features to make your email marketing and email campaigns a success. I enjoyed access to variety of tools that allowed me to build marketing campaigns that are suited to my customers.
- Emails Sent/Opened and Links Clicked –GetResponse offers its users real-time activity tracking. You can view your email marketing stats such as CTRs, opens and link clicks. Additionally, you will be able to see the activity patterns of your contacts and design your email campaigns based on real-time data for more conversions. You can also see which email clients your subscribers use such as Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook as well as which devices they use to access them.
- Deliverability Rates and Delivery by Time Zone –GetResponse claims to have the best deliverability rates in the industry at 99% and boast to be a spam-free solution for your email marketing needs. Using the GetResponse time travel feature, you can ensure that your business remains relevant in the minds of your customers by sending your campaigns at your customers’ local time in every time zone.
- Creating and Importing Email Lists —One aspect I liked is that GetResponse has a simple process for importing your email lists. You can easily import the contacts that you have stored in a file in your computer directly to the GetResponse contact list. You can also use the Add Contact panel in your GetResponse account to manually add any contacts that you come across. I could also add contacts from integrations such as PayPal and Shopify.
To edit an existing email list, you have to navigate to the “Lists” option on the top navigation bar.
When navigating to the list section, you will find that GetResponse will have already created a list for you that you can edit by clicking on the 3 dots on the right and selecting the “Settings” option.
When you are happy with your adjustments, you can save the settings and go back to the options.
Creating a new list in GetResponse is just as easy. All you have to do is to click on the “Create List” option and follow the instructions.
After you click on the create list button, you will have to name your list before you can add contacts. When you are done naming your email list, you can move on to the next step.
You will see your list appear with the contacts underneath it. To add contacts, you can click on the 3 dots to the right and follow the instructions.
Now, you can select how you want to add your contacts. You can choose to either add them one by one or by uploading a file. Click “Add contact” or “Next” and follow the instructions to upload your contacts.
If you choose to upload your contacts, GetResponse will first check your contacts and let you know by email if they have been verified.
- Split Tests and A/B Testing —I found the A/B testing feature to be very straightforward. Simply turn it on and add the tests and settings. To turn off the A/B testing, go to the message and turn it off. By segmenting your contact list and sending variants of the message, the GetResponse split testing feature allows you to track each campaign individually and find the most successful.
- Personalization —With GetResponse, you can add personalization to the subject line as well as the body of the email in a few steps. All you need is to go to your Email Creator and choose “Settings” and then “Personalization Link”. Another option is to click any text box in the email creator then use the cursor and position it where you want it to add personalization.
Reporting and Analysis (Rated: 4/5)
I gave a score of 4 for the analytics, which allow for easy comparison of email campaigns and measurable performance.
GetResponse has an intuitive email analytics feature. You can easily view email opens, CTRs, links clicked and unsubscribed. The Email Comparison feature has graphs which you can use in combination with split tests to compare results from two different email campaigns to determine which had the most engagement. With the Real Email ROI feature, you can find out the total value of the conversions. It was even easy for me to compare the stats from the autoresponder messages.
- Engagement reports —Multiple engagement reports show you exactly how your customers are interacting with your campaigns. With the Real-Time Activity Tracking, you can see the open rates and CTRs. The Mobile View Stats features show you which devices your subscribers are using such as desktops, android and iPads.
- Heat Maps —The GetResponse heat map feature shows you where your customers click the most and how far they scroll. With the data, you can optimize your marketing campaigns to increase customer engagement. There is also the session recording that shows you how people using your website in real-time.
- Campaign Comparison Report—GetResponse Email Analytics feature includes Campaign Comparison reports where you can compare the results of two different email campaigns to see which one had the best results. I enjoyed using the graphs which help easily see the opens, clicks and unsubscribes.
- Segmentation— GetResponse allows you to create a segment fast and easy. Head to your dashboard, click Advanced Search, add conditions and save the segment. Segmenting your email list enables you to create more tailored email campaigns targeted to a specific segment.
- Social Media Tracking—GetResponse has a Social Sharing Stats feature which allows you to measure the effects of your email campaigns on various social media platforms. This is through counting the total number of likes, tweets and comments on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- ROI Analysis—With the GetResponse Real Email ROI, you can easily see the Return on Investment from your email campaigns. Note that you will need to install a website tracking code. GetResponse will use this to track your website visits, sign-ups and sales from each email campaign.
GetResponse Integrations (Rated: 4/5)
The integrations offered were more limited than other systems, but their options were still extensive enough. They were easy to connect, and overall scored a 4.
While there are other email marketing solutions that offer hundreds of integrations, I was still pleased with the connectivity options provided by GetResponse, which features 130 different integrations. From E-commerce, CRM, Analytics, to social media and CMS integrations, you have really all you need to run a successful email marketing campaign.
- Google Analytics—With Google Analytics integration, you can analyze your subscriber behavior including order forms and email links. To integrate your GetResponse account with google analytics, simply click the on/off button that is in the first stage when creating your email campaign.
- API Integrations—the GetResponse API allows you to perform tasks such as managing newsletters, email campaigns and segmentation as well as gather statistics manually. The REST web service interface also allows you to build your own integrations.
- Ecommerce Tools— GetResponse lets you connect to some of the top e-Commerce platforms such as PayPal, Big-commerce, WooCommerce, Etsy and Shopify with its native plugins. I liked that I could easily see what my customers enjoy buying and adjust my campaigns.
- CRM Integrations – You can create your own custom pipeline with the GetResponse CRM enabling you to keep tabs as well as organize your whole sales process. I could easily track all my leads from a single location ensuring that I didn’t miss anything.
- Social Media Integrations –the GetResponse social media integrations enable you to send your email campaigns through various social media platforms such as Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. With the drag-and-drop social sharing icons, your readers on social media can help promote your messages far and wide.
- Apps — You also have access to over 100 apps and integrations. I also liked that I did not always need to sit in front of the computer to get my work done. With the GetResponse mobile apps, you can manage your campaigns while on the go. Available on both iOS and Android, the apps come with some cool features such as graphs for easy analysis.
- Plugins – GetResponse offers you multiple plugins for every part of your email marketing that make it easier to turn your leads into conversions. There are seven Plugins for WordPress, for example, which include Shake Box, Sign-Up Box, Scroll Form, Fixed Bar and Download Box.
GetResponse Automation (Rated: 4/5)
I give GetResponse a 4 for their automation features, which I found were excellent. There is so much you can do to streamline your email marketing, but unfortunately to fully unlock the system’s capabilities, you will have to subscribe to the plus plan.
The GetResponse Marketing Automation Planning and Implementation is designed for two main things.
- First, it makes your work so much easier as you will not have to perform certain tasks manually.
- Second, it is a great way to boost your creativity.
I enjoyed using the scoring model which allowed me to see my best leads. You also get a tagging function that will automatically keep track of the subscriber behaviors that you are interested in.
To create a new Automation, you will navigate to your menu on the left-hand side of your screen and click on the “Automation” tool.
Now, you will choose to create a new workflow.
You can choose to build your automation from scratch or you can choose a template to work from. For this example, I chose the “Welcome” templates and selected the “Welcome New Contacts” option. This automation will welcome new people who sign-up to your list.
After you have chosen your template, you will be navigated to the section where you will edit your workflow by adding triggers and wait times.
To add a trigger, click on the first block. Then on the right-hand side, you can select the “Specific” list option. This will give you an option to choose the list you want to use.
To add an email, you can click on the “send a message” block and on the right on “Create new message”.
In the next section, I will show you how to create and design an email.
To edit the wait condition in your workflow, you can click on the wait condition block and edit the condition on the right-hand side of the screen.
To add in an element in the middle of your automation, click “X” on the line. You can then drag in your element from the right and connect the dots together.
To add a tag to your automation, click on “Select a tag” and either add an existing tag or type in a new one and click “Add”.
When you are done and happy with your automation or workflow, you can click “Save and Publish” in the top right corner or save it as a draft for later.
Design and Ease of Use (Rated: 4/5)
GetResponse’s features ensure that the system is easy-to-use and building campaigns is straightforward. All things considered, I score GetResponse a 4, for their intuitive and easy tools.
When searching for the best email marketing software, how comprehensive it is can help you make the most of your email marketing. However, the software also needs to be simple to use. GetResponse is an excellent solution for boosting traffic and sales. The platform is user-friendly and highly intuitive thanks to features such as the Drag-and-Drop Email Creator.
- Drag-and-Drop Interface– the GetResponse drag-and-drop interface is designed to make your email marketing as simple as possible. You can easily build new emails, or modify existing ones with images, text, and more. Integrations such as FormDesigner and JotForm also allow you to create web forms using the drag-and-drop feature.
To create and send a new email, you can navigate to the menu and click on the “Email Marketing” tool.
After this, you can click on the “Create Newsletter” option. This will then take you to a section where you need to fill in all the information needed to create an email marketing campaign.
When you have added all the basic information, you can click on “Add recipients” and add the list you want to send your emails to.
After this, it is time to get creative and design your email newsletter with the drag-and-drop editor. You can click on the “Design Message” option and you will be taken to a section where you can choose a template. For this example, I chose the “Fall in Love” template.
To edit your email, you will find the editor on the right side of your screen. You will find the settings for each row when clicking on it. This will give you an option to replace an image, add a button or text, and more.
When you are happy with how your email looks and its design, you can test or preview your email before sending it out to your contact list. You can do this by clicking on the test/preview options on the top right-hand side of your screen.
If you are sure about the design, you can move on to the next section before sending your email out. This is the final step where you will choose tracking options and whether to schedule your email or send it out immediately.
- Landing Page Creator– you don’t need any prior coding experience to create a landing page. GetResponse Landing Page creator gives you hundreds of landing page templates to choose from and you can pick one that best fits your business brand. The built-in image editor lets you create pictures for attention-grabbing landing pages.
To create a landing page with GetResponse, you can start by navigating to the “Landing Page” Tool in your menu dropdown list.
You can then click on the “Create landing Page” Button which will then take you to a section where you will choose a template to work from. For this example, I chose the “Fat Burners” template.
You can name your landing page and then you will be taken to the drag-and-drop editor. To add an element into the template, you can just drag and drop from the element bar or double click on an element to edit it.
To edit the mobile version, click on the phone icon and you can switch between the mobile and the desktop version.
To edit the thank you page of your landing page, you can just click on the tab at the top.
When you are done editing your landing page, you can move on to the next step. When clicking on the next step button, you will be taken to the Landing page settings page. This is where you will add your page title and description for SEO purposes.
The only things left to do now are to add your domain details and choose your list. You can add your own domain or use a GetResponse subdomain. You can do this by scrolling to the domain settings section and the list options.
When you are happy with all of your settings, you can publish your page.
- Email Templates– GetResponse has over 500 email templates to choose from. Simply pick one that best matches your business brand to help boost customer engagement. Whether your business is online marketing, fitness and wellbeing, e-commerce, health, beauty or travel, you can find the ideal email template for your business.
- Sign-Up Forms Within Newsletters Tool– New GetResponse Forms lets you build web forms that are simple, smart and tailored to the needs of your customers. With the List Builder Wizard, you can choose from over 500 templates all of which offer a thank you page. You can also enable single opt-in or double opt-in options.
GetResponse Customer Service (Rated: 4/5)
GetResponse has excellent support which is fast and accessible at any time in multiple languages. They scored a 4.
GetResponse has excellent customer support. Regardless of the plan, you gain 24/7 live chat access.
While you can make a phone call, I found their live chat feature to be especially fast. You can quickly connect to an agent and have your problem solved in a matter of minutes.
The mail support handles its customer's queries in 7 different languages which include English, German, Polish, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Russian.
There are also the helpful tutorials that will teach you everything you need to know about using the GetResponse email marketing software from pricing and billing, market automation to managing your GetResponse account and building your contact list.
|1011 center road|
|3 Germany DR STE|
5 PMB 15672
ActiveCampaign: If you are looking for software even more potent than GetResponse, then ActiveCampaign will undoubtedly do the job. For a premium price, you can get advanced automation and segmentation. One thing to note is that this software can be a bit complicated, so I only recommended it for users who have experience with other email marketing software.
Mailerlite: I enjoy this easy-to-use software as it offers advanced features at an affordable price. Mailerlite is perfect for bloggers freelancers, and small business owners looking to engage with their audience through successful email campaigns.
Sendinblue: This software offers a free plan, including unlimited contacts with up to 300 emails per day. At the moment, they also have a 96.3% deliverability rate which is phenomenal. Sendinblue might be a better choice if GetResponse prices are too high.
When I first learned about GetResponse, I was eager to try out the software and find out firsthand whether it really was as good an email marketing platform as they claim.
It is easy to use and provides solutions to businesses in different industries whether small or large. Integrations are easy to connect and use and the 500+ templates combined with the easy drag-and-drop feature makes using the software a delight. That said, no software is perfect, and I managed to find a few areas that GetResponse could improve.
What I liked About GetResponse
One of the main features that I enjoyed with the GetResponse software is the available options. I could customize almost every part of my email campaigns. The opt-in forms, for example, can be customized in any way that you like allowing you to remain consistent with the business brand.
What I Didn’t Like About GetResponse
GetResponse may have been pleasant to use but there were still a number of areas that I found could improve. The landing pages do not have a lot of functionality and it would be better to have all the functions in one place. Also, the basic plan only allows for 1000 subscribers. For a growing business, this would mean switching to the Plus plan as soon as the business exceeded the 1000 subs mark.