GetResponse in a NutShell
|Pricing Starts From:||$10.50/Monthly *2 years subscription|
|User Accounts:||Multiple, with individual logins|
|Segmentation and Geo:||Yes|
|Means of Use:||Webinars, Tablet, mobile, social media|
|Industry:||Automotive, eCommerce, high-tech, financial services|
Key Features and Workflows
Creating Emails and Campaigns
GetResponse provides you with plenty of features to make your email marketing and email campaigns a success. I enjoyed the access to the variety of tools that allowed me to build marketing campaigns that are suited to my customers.
- Emails Sent/Opened and Links Clicked –GetResponse offers its users real-time activity tracking. You can view your email marketing stats such as CTRs, opens, and link clicks. Additionally, you will be able to see the activity patterns of your contacts and design your email campaigns based on real-time data for more conversions. You can also see which email clients your subscribers use such as Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook as well as which devices they use to access them.
- Deliverability Rates and Delivery by Time Zone –GetResponse claims to have the best deliverability rates in the industry at 99% and boast to be a spam-free solution for your email marketing needs. Using the GetResponse Time Travel feature, you can ensure that your business remains relevant in the minds of your customers by sending your campaigns at your customers’ local time in every time zone.
- Creating and Importing Email Lists —One aspect I liked is that GetResponse has a simple process for importing your email lists. You can easily import the contacts that you have stored in a file in your computer directly to the GetResponse contact list. You can also use the Add Contact panel in your GetResponse account to manually add any contacts that you come across. I could also add contacts from integrations such as PayPal and Shopify.
- Split Tests and A/B Testing —I found the A/B testing feature to be very straightforward. Simply turn it on and add the tests and settings. To turn off the A/B testing, go to the message and turn it off. By segmenting your contact list and sending variants of the message, the GetResponse split testing feature allows you to track each campaign individually and find the most successful.
- Personalization —With GetResponse, you can add personalization to the subject line as well as the body of the email in a few steps. All you need is to go to your Email Creator and choose “Settings” and then “Personalization Link”. Another option is to click any text box in the email creator then use the cursor and position it where you want it to add personalization.
Reporting and Analysis
GetResponse has an intuitive email analytics feature. You can easily view email opens, CTRs, links clicked and unsubscribed. The Email Comparison feature has graphs which you can use in combination with split tests to compare results from two different email campaigns to determine which had the most engagement. With the Real Email ROI feature, you can find out the total value of the conversions. It was even easy for me to compare the stats from the autoresponder messages.
- Engagement reports —Multiple engagement reports show you exactly how your customers are interacting with your campaigns. With the Real-Time Activity Tracking, you can see the open rates and CTRs. The Mobile View Stats features show you which devices your subscribers are using such as desktops, android phones, and iPads.
- Heat Maps —The GetResponse heat map feature shows you where your customers click the most and how far they scroll. With the data, you can optimize your marketing campaigns to increase customer engagement. There is also the session recording that shows you how people using your website in real-time.
- Campaign Comparison Report—GetResponse Email Analytics feature includes Campaign Comparison reports where you can compare the results of two different email campaigns to see which one had the best results. I enjoyed using the graphs which help easily see the opens, clicks and unsubscribes.
- Segmentation— GetResponse allows you to create a segment fast and easy. Head to your dashboard, click Advanced Search, add conditions, and save the segment. Segmenting your email list enables you to create more tailored email campaigns targeted to a specific segment.
- Social Media Tracking—GetResponse has a Social Sharing Stats feature which allows you to measure the effects of your email campaigns on various social media platforms. This is through counting the total number of likes, tweets, and comments on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- ROI Analysis—With the GetResponse Real Email ROI, you can easily see the Return on Investment from your email campaigns. Note that you will need to install a website tracking code. GetResponse will use this to track your website visits, sign-ups and sales from each email campaign.
While there are other email marketing solutions that offer hundreds of integrations, I was still pleased with the connectivity options provided by GetResponse, which features 130 different integrations. From Ecommerce, CRM, Analytics, to social media and CMS integrations, you have really all you need to run a successful email marketing campaign.
- Google Analytics—With Google Analytics integration, you can analyze your subscriber behavior including order forms and email links. To integrate your GetResponse account with google analytics, simply click the on/off button that is in the first stage when creating your email campaign.
- API Integrations—the GET response API allows you to perform tasks such as managing newsletters, email campaigns, and segmentation as well as gather statistics manually. The REST web service interface also allows you to build your own integrations.
- Ecommerce Tools— GetResponse lets you connect to some of the top eCommerce platforms such as PayPal, Big-commerce, WooCommerce, Etsy and Shopify with its native plugins. I liked that I could easily see what my customers enjoy buying and adjust my campaigns.
- CRM Integrations – You can create your own custom pipeline with the GetResponse CRM enabling you to keep tabs as well as organize your whole sales process. I could easily track all my leads from a single location ensuring that I didn’t miss anything.
- Social Media Integrations –the GetResponse social media integrations enable you to send your email campaigns through various social media platforms such as Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. With the drag-and-drop social sharing icons, your readers on social media can help promote your messages far and wide.
- Apps — You also have access to over 100 apps and integrations. I also liked that I did not always need to sit in front of the computer to get my work done. With the GetResponse mobile apps, you can manage your campaigns while on the go. Available on both iOS and Android, the apps come with some cool features such as graphs for easy analysis.
- Plugins – GetResponse offers you multiple plugins for every part of your email marketing that make it easier to turn your leads into conversions. There are seven Plugins for WordPress, for example, which include Shake Box, Sign-Up Box, Scroll Form, Fixed Bar and Download Box.
The GetResponse Marketing Automation Planning and Implementation is designed for two main things.
First, it makes your work so much easier as you will not have to perform certain tasks manually.
Second, it is a great way to boost your creativity.
I enjoyed using the scoring model which allowed me to see my best leads. You also get a tagging function that will automatically keep track of the subscriber behaviors that you are interested in.
Design and Ease of Use
When searching for the best email marketing software, how comprehensive it is can help you make the most of your email marketing. However, the software also needs to be simple to use. GetResponse is an excellent solution for boosting traffic and sales. The platform is user-friendly and highly intuitive thanks to features such as the Drag-and-Drop Email Creator.
- Drag-and-Drop Interface – the GetResponse drag-and-drop interface is designed to make your email marketing as simple as possible. You can easily build new emails, or modify existing ones with images, text, and more. Integrations such as FormDesigner and JotForm also allow you to create web forms using the drag-and-drop feature.
- Landing Page Creator – you don’t need any prior coding experience to create a landing page. GetResponse Landing Page creator gives you hundreds of landing page templates to choose from and you can pick one that best fits your business brand. The built-in image editor lets you create pictures for attention-grabbing landing pages.
- Email Templates – GetResponse has over 500 email templates to choose from. Simply pick one that best matches your business brand to help boost customer engagement. Whether your business is online marketing, fitness and wellbeing, e-commerce, health, beauty or travel, you can find the ideal email template for your business.
- Sign-Up Forms Within Newsletters Tool – New GetResponse Forms lets you build web forms that are simple, smart and tailored to the needs of your customers. With the List Builder Wizard, you can choose from over 500 templates all of which offer a thank you page. You can also enable single opt-in or double opt-in options.
GetResponse has excellent customer support. Regardless of the plan, you gain 24/7 live chat access.
While you can make a phone call, I found their live chat feature to be especially fast. You can quickly connect to an agent and have your problem solved in a matter of minutes.
The mail support handles its customer's queries in 7 different languages which include English, German, Polish, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Russian.
There are also the helpful tutorials that will teach you everything you need to know about using the GetResponse email marketing software from pricing and billing, market automation to managing your GetResponse account and building your contact list.
|1011 center road|
|3 Germany DR STE|
5 PMB 15672
When I first learned about GetResponse, I was eager to try out the software and find out firsthand whether it really was as good an email marketing platform as they claim.
It is easy to use and provides solutions to businesses in different industries whether small or large. Integrations are easy to connect and use and the 500+ templates combined with the easy drag-and-drop feature makes using the software a delight.
That said, no software is perfect, and I managed to find a few areas that GetResponse could improve.
What I liked About GetResponse
One of the main features that I enjoyed with the GetResponse software is the available options. I could customize almost every part of my email campaigns.
The opt-in forms, for example, can be customized in any way that you like allowing you to remain consistent with the business brand.
What I Didn’t Like About GetResponse
GetResponse may have been pleasant to use but there were still a number of areas that I found could improve.
The landing pages do not have a lot of functionality and it would be better to have all the functions in one place.
Also, the basic plan only allows for 1000 subscribers. For a growing business, this would mean switching to the Plus plan as soon as the business exceeded the 1000 subs mark.