Written By Jason Rowse - Digital Marketing Expert
What is Kartra?
This is a 360-degree marketing-focused solution for all types of businesses that wish to improve the connection with their subscribers and also grow their contact lists for increased revenue and efficiency. Kartra is based in the United States and was founded back in 2013. It provides a large collection of features and extensive training for new clients.
Kartra Pros & Cons
- It provides very good training: Kartra has a plethora of training materials that are available for new clients and come in the form of instructional videos, documentations, and webinars.
- Quick and helpful support team: Its customer support team is also highly professional and quick to answer any inquiries via live chat, e-mail, or phone. Clients can also access its knowledge base, forum, and FAQs section to find the answers they’re looking for.
- It has everything in one place: The fact that this is truly an all-in-one solution is certainly good because your business can take advantage of an entire collection of tools without having to pay for any other platforms.
- There’s no mobile app available: Kartra does not have a mobile version for its platform in case anyone wanted to check on their progress and campaign status while on the go. There is no word on whether or not a release could happen soon.
- There’s no free trial or free version available: This is probably the most important downfall of this marketing platform. Not having a free version can be understandable but not even providing a free trial for potential future clients to see what you can do is a bad idea.
Who is Kartra Good For?
- All business sizes: Kartra is a good option to pick regardless of the size or domain of your business. It has everything you need in one place and offers enough variety for it to be suitable for a small, medium, or a large number of subscribers.
- Experienced clients: I definitely recommend this online platform to people who have at least a few years of experience working with similar tools. The multitude of features that it has can only be used the right way by someone who knows what they can do.
Kartra Isn’t Recommended For:
- Clients who don’t want to pay for the service: As I said, if there are possible clients who don’t want or cannot pay for the service, Kartra is not an option because it doesn’t offer a free version or, at least, a free trial.
- Clients without any prior marketing experience: This platform is mostly meant for professionals and people with a lot of experience in this area. So, in case you are looking at its features and don’t know where to start, you may lack the necessary experience that this tool was designed for.
Number of leads
Number of e-mails
Number of domains
Up to 2,500
Up to 12,500
Up to 25,000
Up to 50,000
It’s worth mentioning that on Kartra, you can also choose to pay annually and you will benefit from a 25% discount. There are, of course, many other features that these plans include along with a large number of useful add-ons and customizable benefits.
The company can terminate your account in case any rules of conduct are violated or in any other situation that Kartra considers inappropriate. The client can do the same thing at whatever point in time they see fit by just submitting a request. The platform also has a 30-day money back policy according to which you can receive a full refund in case you are not satisfied. I cannot tell you if this is real or just there to attract people.
This is the part where I start detailing some of Kartra’s most important marketing features so potential clients know what is in store for them. Here is what you should know about these main features:
· Highly-advanced e-mail platform
The overall e-mail platform on Kartra is definitely advanced and comprises a wide range of e-mail marketing tools that will certainly make your campaigns look better and drive better results. Some of the tools that you can use include automation, split testing, customizable templates, and so on.
· Complete analysis
Having a bird’ eye view of your e-mail campaigns is truly useful and this feature certainly makes your job a lot easier. You can have access to real-time analysis, revenue ratio, performance stats, and many other tools that can help you make the necessary adjustments for better results.
· Funnel building
You can build sequences using the Kartra drag-and-drop builder, create interconnected pages, come up with rules for your marketing strategy and gain control over every little detail. Making advanced sales funnels that bring revenue is relatively easy with this online tool.
This is a look at the Kartra website’s landing page
· Pre-made campaigns
Kartra also offers its clients the possibility to save time and use pre-made marketing campaign templates that are sure to be successful because they’ve been tested. In fact, clients have access to the campaigns of some world-class marketers that can be customized and reused for incredible results.
· Campaign marketplace
The Kartra Campaign Marketplace tool is one of the coolest ideas I’ve ever seen! Firstly, you can export your campaigns and funnels to other people’s accounts in case you want to help them. If you want to go one step further, you can put them on the marketplace for free or simply sell them. You won’t have to worry about payments or other details because the Kartra platform will handle that for you.
This is how building sequences on Kartra looks like
The e-mail automation tools on Kartra are marketed as being next-gen because it contains the IF and THEN automation system. You only need to set some rules and the system will automatically follow your subscribers’ journey step by step and report back to you.
- E-mail marketing automation: Through this tool, Kartra allows everyone to have complex, attractive, and efficient campaigns that are 100% automatic. You can create queues with your messages, set triggers, schedule and control the amount of time between e-mails, create tags, sequences, and lists, and the list goes on.
- Sequence Builder: This very interesting tool works as a way for you to create and personalize your e-mails, both visually and from a topic point of view. Your marketing funnels can be small, large, simple, or complex and they can be done within minutes.
An example of e-mail marketing automation on Kartra
Kartra has a large number of native integrations that all clients can access and use so that they make the whole growth marketing process a lot simpler. This platform offers payment gateways (like PayPal or Stripe), SMS gateways (like Twilio or Nexmo), e-mail gateways (like SendGrid or Kartra Mail), hub connectors (Zapier), membership apps (like Wishlist or Kajabi), and even Google Calendar. There are also custom integrations available on this platform.
A look at some of the most useful integrations provided by Kartra
HubSpot is an online marketing platform that starts at €41 per month and which has very good e-mail automation tools along with many other benefits and features. Their CRM is also very good and it comes with a number of free tools that you can use.
SendX is a good option if you are looking for an online marketing platform that’s affordable yet still does its job well. This price for its most basic paid plan is only $7.49 per month and I can assure you that this tool will help your business grow and expand nicely.
Omnisend represents an alternative to Kartra in case you are searching for an all-in-one software. Its lowest-paid subscription price is $16 per month and it comes with a highly intuitive user interface that can also be used by beginners.
All in all, I can honestly admit that Kartra exceeded my expectations. At first glance, it seemed like just another online marketing tool that wants to do everything for everyone and fails miserably, like it usually happens. However, it’s definitely not that and I consider it worth checking out, especially if you don’t have a problem paying and not benefitting from a free trial or free version.