Written By Henry Walden - Digital Marketing Expert
What is Mailup?
MailUp is a scalable email marketing solution that offers its users the ability to create multichannel workflows that are fully automatic. You can also create and fully customize your campaigns. MailUp currently has over 10,000 clients internationally.
Mailup Pros & Cons
- User-friendly interface: MailUp is suitable for beginners with a user-friendly interface. The workflow builder is intuitive and gives you great results in mere minutes.
- A 15-day free trial: MailUp allows you to try out their services for free for 15 days without having to enter your card details.
- Easy to use for beginners: MailUp aims to be a suitable email marketing solution for beginners with easy-to-use features.
- Professional customer support: There are four ways for MailUp users to contact customer support; via email, phone support, or support tickets. There is also a priority support feature that will allow you to skip the line in case of an emergency. Their FAQs page also provides clients with all the info they may need.
- Attractive prices: MailUp has some of the most attractive subscription plan prices out there. They put no limits on your campaigns, and the starter subscription begins at only €470/year.
- Some functions can be difficult to find: Certain functions of MailUp can be difficult to find as they are placed in confusing places. It takes some time until a user becomes familiar with the interface.
- Subscription cost increases as you add more users: Some people might see this as a downside, but it’s also a common practice for such services. If you want more login users, you need to pay more.
- Some features have an outdated vibe: According to some users, certain features on MailUp are outdated.
Who is MailUp Good For?
MailUp is good for you in case:
- You are an e-mail marketing beginner: MailUp’s interface makes it the perfect solution for beginners who are new to email marketing.
- You are a non-profit organization: MailUp is a good choice for non-profits as the platform offers automated communication.
- You are an agency or entrepreneur: In both of these cases, you need to extend your influence and manage campaigns for clients. MailUp helps you do this efficiently.
MailUp Isn't Recommended For:
- People who want free software: MailUp is not free but offers possible clients the option to try the platform for free for 15 days.
- People who are looking for a live chat option: MailUp doesn’t offer the possibility to send messages via a live chat, only through SMS and messaging apps.
One login user
Drag & drop editor
Messaging apps for max. 50 subscribers
5,000 or less
€ 470/ year
25,000 or less
€ 1,020/ year
100,000 or less
€ 2,532/ year
500,000 or less
MailUp is an excellent solution for your email marketing campaigns and offers you several benefits. The bigger your subscription, the more benefits you get.
MailUp allows clients to cancel their subscriptions whenever they want without any issues. There is a 15-day period from the activation of the cancellation during which the client can change their mind.
There are seven categories of features listed on the official MailUp website. Here they are in more detail:
The MailUp platform is available in seven languages with full customer support in three of them: English, Italian, and Spanish. It is an easy-to-use platform that provides flexibility and allows you to customize templates according to your needs. You can manage permissions, set up new platform users with different roles, and share SMS credits among administrators.
The database management on MailUp is very good. It contains multichannel popups, forms that you can customize, and the ability to convert social media visitors into clients
E-mail & SMS automation
I found MailUp’s automation extremely interesting, especially because you can send your campaigns and reach your target audience in an instant. You can create your workflow automatically and make everything easier with three campaign types: a post-subscription campaign, reactivation campaign, and post-sales campaign type.
With the help of MailUp, you can design your landing pages instantly and customize them however you want. Besides that, MailUp lets you shorten your URLs, optimize the page for mobile use, and give you access to all important statistics.
API & Integrations
It’s worth noting that any system can be integrated with MailUp. All the tools will is configured so that synchronization is achieved flawlessly. Plus, if you are unsure about how to set up API credentials, the MailUp support team will guide you through that process.
MailUp provides a wide range of services for all your email marketing campaigns. From increasing your client base and improving ROI and performance to protecting your reputation and decreasing the rate of client dropout.
MailUp offers four types of filters that can help you customize your email marketing campaigns to achieve better results. This way, you can come up with targeted campaigns for better results.
The MailUp Features Page that appeared when I entered the website
MailUp’s email and SMS automation feature is special and useful. It allows you to send out your campaigns in an instant with automation tools, aiding your communication flow. Here is what you should know:
- Reactivation campaigns: With the help of MailUp’s activity filter, you can discover what users are inactive and bring them back into the game with inspired targeted campaigns.
- Post-subscription campaigns: This campaign automatically sends a welcome message to each new client.
- Post-sales campaigns: A good entrepreneur or company knows that the purchase is not the end. This is why this type of campaign maintains the connection alive by sending out thank you messages or by making potentially useful suggestions to the customers.
The E-mail & SMS Automation page on the official MailUp website
MailUp has thirty integrations that you can count on when developing your marketing campaigns. Some of the most important ones include Facebook Lead Ads, Datatrics, Jade, Zapier, and WordPress. Moreover, MailUp has a huge API library which includes Data Sync, WebHooks, among others. Thanks to those, you are able to link MailUp to your software apps and control your data safely and quickly.
A look at the MailUp integrations page on the official website
Sendinblue is a great alternative for MailUp. It has almost the same features while being easy to use and relatively affordable, especially for small businesses and freelancers.
HubSpot is also a good choice if you are looking for some help with your marketing campaigns. Their CRM is almost legendary and used by many companies and marketers worldwide. It allows you to have an unlimited number of users and to store about one million contacts on their platform.
SendX is a good alternative if you are on a budget and want to create a good marketing campaign. It has a 24/7 client support system that offers you the option to send an unlimited number of emails.
All in all, MailUp is an email marketing solution that’s worth taking a look at. With its plethora of useful features and integrations, it can certainly help you out regardless of the size of your business. Plus, its automation technology and easy-to-use interface make up for its small number of downsides.