Written by Ria du Plessis - Digital Marketing Expert
What is Prospect.io?
Prospect.io comes as a helping hand for businesses and brands that wish to enlarge their reach through highly advanced and carefully curated marketing tools like e-mail marketing automation tools, integrations, contacts management, etc. Its inception took place back in 2015 and its headquarters are located in Belgium.
Prospect.io Pros & Cons
- It has a mobile app:io comes with a mobile version that helps you gain quick access to its most important features. However, for the moment, account settings, reports, and workflows are not available on the mobile app, which you can download for free from any app store.
- It has a 14-day free trial: Its 14-day trial is very useful in case someone wants to get accustomed to what this tool offers without paying from the start. The free trial offers you all the features that are available on the Base plan for free.
- It has good customer support: The customer support on Prospect.io is available through live chat, e-mail, or its knowledge base. Usually, these people are quick to answer and get back at you with a solution for your problem.
- It’s affordable: This platform is certainly affordable even for a small business, especially if you pick the Base plan that should be good enough in this case. For larger companies, more advanced plans are available but those are not that expensive either.
- You may encounter bugs and glitches: No software is 100% perfect but there is a high chance that you may encounter some bugs and glitches while using this one. They won’t prevent you from doing what you need to but they are certainly annoying.
- The UI could be more intuitive: The user interface on Prospect.io could definitely be a bit more intuitive and user-friendly, especially for beginners. There are times when it’s hard to find a certain tool or setting and this could make some people turn the other way.
- No free version available: This platform does not provide a free plan for its clients, only a free trial. The only way in which you can profit from all of its features is to pay a monthly subscription.
Who is Prospect.io Good For?
- Small businesses: This platform gives me the overall feeling that it was designed more for smaller businesses rather than big ones with large communities. It is cost-effective in case you don’t have too many subscribers to attend to and definitely does its job well.
- Clients with smaller budgets: I already said that Prospect.io is not as expensive as some other platforms and this makes it the perfect choice for clients with smaller budgets that still want to use a qualitative tool.
Prospect.io Isn’t Recommended For:
- Clients who want a forever free version: Clients that are aiming to use a marketing tool that provides a free version are not the best candidates here. This platform doesn’t come with a free plan, as I already mentioned.
- Large companies with many customers:io is a very good tool for marketing endeavors but it may not be that effective for a large company that has a big client base.
Unlimited tasks, pipelines, deals, prospects
Reporting & Forecasting
Imports & Exports
CRm Integrations & REST API
E-mail Finder & Verifier add-on
From €39 extra
From €69 extra
Professional Services add-on
From €99 extra
Every client of Prospect.io should start with the Base Plan and then work their way up towards the add-ons that help businesses develop more in-depth strategies and connections. Everyone is free to choose whatever add-on they see fit and pay extra for it.
All customers can cancel their subscriptions at any time either through the account management page or by contacting the Prospect.io team. The company can do the same thing for whatever reason they see fit and at any time it wants. Refunds are taken into consideration by the company depending on the presented situation and are only granted at the discretion of the platform.
Prospect.io comes with some incredibly useful marketing-oriented features that are meant to aid brands and companies in their journey towards a better relationship with their customers and an overall smoother development process.
· Contact management
Thanks to this nice feature, you are now free to connect and see all the important customer data in one place so you can get a good idea about what to do next. You can also move customers from list to list, import data in whatever way you want, and add custom fields.
· E-mail marketing
You can come up with visually attractive and professional-looking e-mails for your clients as part of your e-mail marketing campaigns thanks to the drag-and-drop editor. You can also attach any extra tasks, deals, or notes that you see fit to make your audience even more interested. There is also a forecasting tool that can accurately predict how much revenue a certain campaign will bring in.
· Automation tools
The automation tools on Prospect.io make it a lot easier for you to automate repetitive sales tasks and campaigns and send them directly to the target audience. You can also automate workflows and establish action triggers along with filters so that you reach exactly the people you intend to.
This is how the user dashboard on Prospect.io looks like
· Forecasts & Reports
Reports on how your campaigns and pipelines have performed help you plan your next moves so that you either improve or keep up the good work. As for forecasting, the aforementioned revenue forecasting tool is also extremely useful because it provides a look into the final results of your pipelines and where you should make changes.
· Increased productivity
As for productivity, Prospect.io allows you to create tasks quickly so you can instantly see what needs to be done. You can also attach these to e-mails, pipelines, or customers. Besides that, there is a comprehensive activity timeline where you can see everything that happened without your company for better productivity and results.
This is how you can create a new deal on Prospect.io
The automation tools that this platform offers to its clients are certainly not only extremely useful but also easy to comprehend and contribute to your company’s success.
- E-mail marketing automation: You can create your own e-mails and automate the entire sending process of your marketing campaign so that it’s triggered by certain events, occasions, or actions. The action blocks on Prospect.io are incredibly well-done and allow you to create messages that fit your customers’ needs and follow-up when they click on the e-mail or reply.
- Conditions: You can also create strong workflows using conditions that direct your customers in a certain way, depending on where they find themselves according to a set of pre-determined filters.
Part of the process of automatically creating a workflow on Prospect.io
When it comes to the integrations that this platform offers, you must know that Prospect.io is already integrated with the tools you use thanks to the concept of fluidity that this brand uses. In short, some of the most popular integrations available include Zapier, Slack, MailChimp, Salesforce CRM, Chrome, Sendinblue, or Aweber.
Here are some of the most popular integrations on Prospect.io
Active Campaign is a nice solution for companies and brands that want a high-quality marketing software that’s very professional and has many features and tools. Interestingly enough, it is also a very cheap alternative that, if used right, could help you increase your company’s revenue and community by a lot.
HubSpot is a good alternative to this platform because it’s very simple to use and offers a wide range of integrations, tools, and resources. It’s not as cheap as the aforementioned one (prices start at €41/month) but it’s a qualitative platform without a doubt.
Aweber can count as an option in case you are also looking for a platform with a forever free version. It can automate your marketing campaigns, it has integrations, and all sorts of useful tools too. Its Pro plan only costs $16.15/month and it’s billed yearly.
To sum it all up, Prospect.io is part of the list of online marketing platforms that may not have it all but what they offer is pure quality. They prefer to only offer certain services and tools that work and are efficient as opposed to offering everything and failing. I really appreciate that and I recommend it for smaller businesses who want to automate campaigns and increase their productivity.