On top of 70 free templates, Sendinblue offers free marketing plans too.
Some of the noteworthy features involve:
- Customization: You can personalize the email with the recipient’s name and conditional logic.
- List Segmentation: Admins can create unlimited lists based on interests and conditions.
- Social Media Tracking: Integrate with social media plugins to aggregate the results.
- Deliverability Markers: Besides double opt-in, Sendinblue also optimizes email send times by time-zone.
Pricing: Starts at $25 per month
You can use 400+ integrations to seamlessly work on your campaigns with Constant Contact.
Other features include:
- Personalization: With over 400 free templates, you can start launching campaigns in minutes.
- Image Library: Utilize your own images or access thousands of free pictures from the image library.
- Deliverability: The assurance of 98% deliverability rate and anti-spam check makes this an effective solution.
- Reporting: Measure your email marketing performance with engagement reports, social media tracking, ROI analysis, and campaign comparison.
Pricing: Starts at $20 per month
The best GetResponse attribute is that you can customize email marketing top-to-bottom.
Some key features cover:
- Deliverability Rate: Offering the best-industry rate of 99% besides delivery by time-zone using Time Travel are among the major perks of this provider.
- Customization: You can use the ‘personalization link’ or 500 email templates to get started.
- Analytics: Admins can track campaigns, ROI, engagement, conversions, and much more with GetResponse.
- Contact Management: It is easy to import contacts from personal storage or 16 variants of platforms and clients.
Pricing: Starting at $15 per month
While you can sign up for free on Mailchimp, you can take advantage of the following beneficial attributes:
- Personalization: Customize and create sophisticated campaigns on the basis of conditions and deep-segmentation.
- Mobile Optimization: Use ‘Email Beamer’ to launch campaigns via the app using your smartphone.
- In-Depth Analysis: Assess open rates, conversions, engagement rates, social media results, and ROI reports here.
- Automation Workflows: Select from over 15 pre-arranged automation workflows to save time and money.
Pricing: Starts at $9.99 per month
Known for its UX and ease-of-use, ConvertKit also offers a free plan if your budget is limited. Explore its key features below:
- Deliverability: With a 98.82% deliverability rate, you can expect your marketing content to reach the intended recipients.
- Automation: The traditional rule builder on top of a visual automation builder makes this one of the best service providers.
- List Management: Tag-based contact management helps to create behavior-based tags.
Pricing: Starts at $29 per month
Email Marketing Strategy For Small Businesses
Mirroring the strategies deployed by marketing professionals for their own email marketing initiatives will help you create successful campaigns of your own.
1. Define A Budget
Setting a clear monthly, quarterly, and annual marketing budget is the first step to get started with email marketing. Here, a marketing budget will serve as an insightful guide for comparing the estimated costs against profits generated.
The rule of thumb is to set aside 16% of your total marketing funds for email marketing.
2. Target Audience
Defined as the end-users who demand services offered by your company, identifying the ideal customer is crucial for creating an effective email campaign. It helps narrow the focus to generate custom marketing content and drastically increase the profit potential.
Did you know 80% of the email marketing ROI in 2015 was a result of targeting the correct demographic? By marketing to the right target audience you can avoid high unsubscribe rates, sidestep low conversion, and also improve engagement.
3. Check Competitors
Monitoring the way your competitors reach or convert the target audience will help you set yourself apart from them. It can help you figure out the demands and characteristics of the target audience. Experts regularly conduct competitor analysis to compare campaigns and uncover insightful ways to resolve customer pain points.
To get started, analyze the frequency of emails, call-to-action sentences, offers, designs, subject lines, and approaches.
4. Email Newsletters
Given email promises up to 3200% ROI, small businesses will find newsletters very lucrative. Start sending successful email newsletters by using the following tips.
- Create a practical goal such as ‘completing 15 sales with 15 emails over the span of 1 month’.
- Generate custom content based on the goal.
- Experiment with a relevant template.
- Add a good CTA.
- Test different subject lines.
- Proofread the content.
- Set sending time and frequency.
5. Email Drip Campaigns
Autoresponders or an automated series of emails that are sent based on user actions are called email drip campaigns.
Follow the below steps to get started with such a campaign.
- Set realistic goals.
- Decide on a viable format from newsletters, forms, surveys, and so forth.
- Segment your contact list.
- Tailor an irresistible deal or offer.
- Add the frequency and time for sending the emails.
- Create behavioral triggers for drip emails.
- Analyze the results.
6. Create Effective Emails
Besides the fact that email marketing is 40x more effective at acquiring new customers than social media ads, email marketing is also the best marketing medium to build meaningful relationships.
Take a look at the following five pointers to create effective emails right away.
- Segmentation: Dividing your subscribers by their preferences and characteristics can help you send more targeted emails.
- Split Testing: Compare different subject lines to recognize emails that perform well with your customers.
- Setting Frequency: Send emails based on preferences or time-zones to prevent users from missing out.
- Optimization: Given most people read their emails on mobiles, it is mandatory to optimize your campaigns for different mobile devices.
- Regular Clean-Up: Create a schedule to regularly remove users with high bounce rates.
The right email marketing platform consists of multiple features that can enhance the way you create, launch, and assess marketing campaigns. While Mailchimp features some of the most affordable packages, Sendinblue is best for customization, and GetResponse works well for list management. Choosing Constant Contact brings the best deliverability rate while Convertkit is ideal for driving automated workflows.
With a good software solution and proper implementation of the six aforementioned marketing strategies, start delivering campaign success today.